Thursday, May 15, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

What happens when you have 10 giggly, shrieking, laughing girls over for a slumber party- VERY tired parents!
Rylie has been wanting a slumber party for a very long time so Brian and I thought that her 8th birthday would be a good time to have one. We thought, how hard could 10 quiet, sweet, well mannered girls be? Well......lets just say that it was NOT quiet and although the girls are very sweet when you get that many together they turn into wild things! All in all it was a very fun time and Rylie had a great party (which is what matters most).




We started to play a game with finger nail polish but it turned into lets all paint our nails. Most of the girls chose a rainbow of colors for their nails. Colin did not want to be left out so he even joined in on the fun .




Pizza was supposed to be delivered at 6:00 but because of an order mixup we didn't get it until 7:30. We had a lot of hungry girls! When the poor pizza guy arrived he was swarmed by about 6 girls asking why it took soooo long.


As most of you know I am not a cake maker. Rylie wanted cupcakes for her party so when I saw this picture I thought I can make that. Well, it turned out okay. The picture did look better but Rylie thought it was great and nothing fell over so I guess it was a success.


All the girls in their PJ's.


The girls stayed up until 2:00a.m! Craziness! Both Brian and I had fallen asleep and then Brian woke up at about 1:45 and found most of them still awake. He went downstairs and stood there until all of them finally fell asleep. He said it took about 10 minutes.

Juice and doughnuts for breakfast.


On Monday Rylie celebrated her birthday at school by bringing donuts for the class and eating lunch with mom, Colin and Sienna. She also got to sit in the embarrasing chair at school and she was asked if she had a boyfriend. I'm glad her answer was no!



Happy Birthday Rylie! We love you and are so glad that you are part of our family. What would we do without our little weasel?





5 comments:

Lynne said...

The party looks like fun - I haven't let Brooklynne have a big sleepover yet -- for purely selfish reasons, but maybe this summer because I remember how much fun I had having them as a kid!

Stephanie said...

What a party! Looks like the girls had a blast.

Jen said...

Oh my gosh! It doesn't seem that long ago when we were having sleep overs. Remember the Miss America Pagents we would have. You are so great to let her have such a fun party and I LOVE the cake!

Camille said...

I thought that cupcake cake was adorable. Those are some great pictures, I especially love the one of all the girls in their pj's. They all look so happy and I know Linsey had a great time!

Matt and Carla said...

Wow, I'm sure that was quite the night! The kids always love slumber parties, all of the girls looked like they were having a blast! You are such a good mom & your cupcake cake looked great.