Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rylie's Special Day

This was a special day for Rylie because she has turned 8 and was able to get baptized. Grandma Tew and Grandma and Grandpa Larsen were able to come from Utah to help celebrate this day with her.

She had a soccer game Sat. morning that all the grandparents were able to watch. This is a special treat because they live so far away it doesn't happen very often. That afternoon we went to the church for the baptism. Rylie was beaming the whole time and you could tell that she was feeling very special indeed! We are so proud of Rylie and the decisions she makes. She is a sweet little girl that we love so much!

Grandma Tew


Grandma Larsen

Grandpa Larsen


Rylie's friend Kaylie was also getting baptized so it was fun for the girls to be doing it on the same day.




Rylie was exhausted by the end of the day and fell asleep in Dad's lap. I think that was the best part of the day for him!

6 comments:

Tara said...

There's something so sweet about seeing a child all dressed in white and so anxious about baptism. Congratulations, Rylie!

Jen said...

What a wonderful day! It's fun to see your parents too.

Camille said...

I bet she was exhausted, that was a big day, one that she will always remember.

Lynne said...

You and Brian look soooo much like your moms! I also LOVE your dress. Very cute and congratulations to Rylie. :-)

Matt and Carla said...

You have got to love the last picture of Rylie and her daddy, that is so cute. What a special day, looks like Rylie had a lot of family support and love shown!

The Shepherd Family said...

That is so cute of Riley falling asleep on Brian. Rylie reminds me so much of myself when I was her age (looking back at pictures of when I was little). I miss times like that with my dad. Watch out, she's gonna grow up so fast ;) I love your family, SO CUTE