Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Horse Farm

Colin was up and dressed for school at 6:30 this morning. He was so excited for his field trip with his class to visit the horses. Miss Cindy knows a lady that raises horses and she lets the kids come pet, ride and feed them.

Listening to Mrs. Houser talk about what horses like to eat.


There were two shetland ponies, just the right size for the kids to pet and brush.


Sienna had no fear and joined right in with the other kids.


This was Sienna's first time being on a horse and the first time that Colin can remember. They both were not afraid and really like going for a ride.




After riding the horses the kids got to feed them apples. This horse was so excited about the apples that it slobbered apple juice all over Sienna's coat. She didn't seem to mind. Colin thought it was pretty cool to hold onto the horses rein.

We had a great time at the horse farm and maybe we'll get to go back again when Sienna is in school.



6 comments:

Lynne said...

Is it pretty cold up there now? I'm noticing the coats they are wearing...I heard it snowed in UT!! Oddly (I mean really oddly) we've had it in the upper 80's. I'm loving it because I'm not a winter gal, but I know the nice weather will be a distant memory real quick! BOO!!

Tammy said...

Rachel had fun at the horse farm when she went to Miss Cindy's school. I can't wait for Sophie to go, too. Hopefully she and Sienna will be together at some point!

Tara said...

Fun outing for your little ones. What happened to Sienna's head?

Jackie said...

Lynne-Yes, it's cold here. It's warmer when it rains, but I'll take the cold over the rain any day.

Jen said...

What a fun field trip! Looking at the other comment about snow in Utah...it's true! (Yuck!) It has been winterlike temperatures here but now it is warming up a little. Thank goodness...what ever happened to fall?

Camille said...

That is such a fun place. I think my kids have all been on that same horse.