Thursday, May 28, 2009

A little bit of color

We have spent the last 4 Memorial Day weekends camping but this year we decided to forgo the camping and paint our house. We have had white, ugly walls for 5 years and it was time for a change. Luckily it was a nice weekend so the kids spent most of the time outside playing with all the neighborhood kids. Of course they all wanted to help paint so they each got a turn and then we were kicking them out the door.
We painted the kitchen a terra cotta color, the family room a light tan color and the dining room a yellow. The dining room is my favorite but I do like all the colors. Three rooms down and many more to go....








11 comments:

Jen said...

I love your colors! They are beautiful. I am a color gal myself... I have a red front room and love it.

the Dover Family said...

The colors look great and I like your decor style. :)

Lynne said...

I love your colors too -- nice decorating also - love it all!

Melissa said...

It looks great Jackie! I think they all look good and I especially love the color of the kitchen. Good job guys!

The Shepherd Family said...

Hmmm, I think someone might be trying to bring Arizona to Seattle ;) I love it though! I really want to paint our house too, but I just can't decide on what colors to do. Great job!

Tara said...

Great job! I love the colors you chose. I'll have to come see it in person.

We missed camping this year, too. We'll have to plan a trip for this summer.

Goff Six Adventures said...

It really looks great! Beautiful color choices!

Bills said...

I love it! I think you need to come to denver and help me paint my house.

Matt and Carla said...

Isn't it amazing what a little paint color can do? Looks great!

Tiffini said...

way cute. I love all the colors. i enjoy painting, but i'm glad we didn't have to do it when we moved into this house!

Camille said...

I love it!! You guys did a great job.