Monday, October 1, 2007

80's Rock!

Def Leopard is one of my all time favorite bands. I don't know if it's because they were so popular while I was in high school but I have never out grown them. I've never considered myself a "rocker" but I definately like to rock out to Def Leopard.

When I heard they were coming in concert I was so excited-I was hoping Brian would want to come with me but found out that he had school that night so when I mentioned the concert at a church event I was shocked when a couple of friends said that they would go with me. I guess I'm not the only 30 year old rocker out there. I also found out a few days before the concert that my friends the Summers were going as well.

Styxx and Foreigner were the opening bands and although they were good I couldn't wait for Def to start. I have to admit that people watching kept me pretty entertained. Just ask if you want more details-where do these people come from?


We originally bought General Admission tickets but Anita was able to get us free VIP tickets. They were worth $150.00. We had our own box to sit/stand in so it was nice not to be crowded by other people. The seats were good, not quite as good as Steve and Tammy's, but I'm so glad that we weren't stuck way up high in the grass.


I left my camera in the car and although I did take some pictures on my camera phone I am not as tech saavy as Steve and I do not know how to get the pictures from my phone to the computer. Here I am with Angie, Anita and Arrow after the concert. Our ears were still ringing but we had smiles on our faces. What a great concert!!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I am bummed I missed it. Remember the next time an awesome 80's band comes to town that there's another 30 year old rocker that would love to join you. Glad you had fun!

Stephanie said...

I love the pictures of the "Rocker Mormon Moms" that is awesome you got the chance to go. Foreigner was alway a favorite of mine.

Tammy said...

Thanks for entertaining us during the show, Jackie! You guys looked like you were having a blast! Next time, we'll have to sit together so we can all rock out and dance together. :)