Monday, February 16, 2009

Winter Break

I've decided that whoever started "winter break" (for those of you who don't know, it's a week long holiday in the middle of February) should be shot. They obviously did not have kids or they must have had a lot of money to fly to Disneyland every year. What is the point of winter break. It seems like the kids just got back to school from Christmas break and they have spring break in another six weeks. Do they really need one in Feb.?

So I awoke this morning to a loud screem by Rylie. It is 7:00a.m. and they are already fighting. I am so excited to get out of bed today! Austin was up a 6:30 this morning (no sleeping in for my kids)and the rest were up by 7:00. The arguing and fighting continued for most of the morning. We headed out for a few hours and things calmed down a little. We returned after lunch and invited some friends over to hopefully help the day pass a little faster.

The friends did help but now look at my house. A mess in every room. And I get to do this again tomorrow. Lucky me!




4 comments:

Lynne said...

That's the cleanest messy room I've ever seen. I should take a picture of the room where Aftyn plays so you'll feel better! lol

Holly said...

I agree. I'd MUCH rather get more of June to enjoy than a week in February. And I have to agree that your "messy" rooms really don't look that bad. Only four more days, hang in there!

Larsen Family said...

I have never heard of such a break I am so glad we don't have that! lol sorry:) And yes you should just leave the rooms alone until the end of the week and then call the cleaning lady...

AmyDawn said...

I agree about the winter break. We don't have one here and I'm glad about it because we actually get out of school in May instead of June! Also, your pictures of a "messy" room is totally giving me a complex. You are amazing!