Friday, July 9, 2010

An update on Austin

So this year Austin decided to try a new sport, track. I new he would be a good runner because of all his soccer training. He participated in the 400m, the 800m relay and the 200m. Mt. Baker did a great job this year and won many of the events. I had never been to a track meet before so it was fun to watch and I look forward to it next year. Go Bulldogs!

I think Austin liked the socializing as much or more than the actual running.








It's hard for a 13 year old boy to earn money. They normally don't babysit and where we live the yards are all so small that most people do there own. But we did find something for him to do to earn money and that is refereeing soccer games. They actually earn REALLY good money and they can make there own schedule so it works out great.


Austin refereeing his first soccer game. He looked so official in his yellow shirt and whistle. I'm really proud of him because he had to tell a parent that was standing by the goalie box that he had to move over to the sideline. The parent kind've gave him a hard time but Austin didn't back down and said that those were the rules and the parent moved.


End of year orchestra concert. Austin has been playing the chello for two years now. It is so fun to see the improvement each year of the whole orchestra as well as his individual progress.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wonderful kid! He is so cute and I can see why you would be so proud of him! I am so sorry that I didn't see you on the 4th of July parade....I was looking for you ...were you there?

Tiffini said...

wow. he is so well-rounded! heather and chase both ref'd soccer till they graduated high school, and loved it. made good $, too.

Anonymous said...

UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT