Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's that time of year again

Labor Day weekend means the end of summer for the kids here in Washington. The kids were exctied to start another school year, I think more than mom was this year. The start of school means the start of schedules, car pools, volunteering in school, homework, making lunches and much more.

Austin started 6th grade and goes to middle school this year. I think I was more nervous for him to start than he was but so far he is really enjoying school. The lunches are better than elementary school but he misses not having recess. He hasn't had much homework so far, he is liking that but I keep thinking he should have more.


Rylie's starting 3rd grade and was excited to go back and see all her friends. She loves school and is enjoying her new teacher.



Colin is in his second year at Miss Cindy's preschool. He is one of the older kids this year and is enjoying being the "big kid". I think his favorite part of school is show and tell and recess.


2 comments:

Larsen Family said...

They look so cute!! I wish we lived closer...The kids would have a ball together.

Jen said...

Gosh they are all so big! I can't believe Austin is now in middle school! Our elementary school goes up to 6th grade so middle school starts later for us.