Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Utah trip

I have some major catch up to do for our summer activities. It seemed with all the kids home this summer that I hardly had a minute to blog. So here is the first of our summer activities.
We went to Utah the end of June and visited with Brian's family and then mine. Here are some of the fun things we did while there.

We have not been to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point since Rylie was a baby so it was fun to go back now that the kids are older. They really liked it and loved digging for bones.




Here the kids are with their friends Keegan and Kailey. I met Karen when we first moved to Washington and then she moved to Arizona and then Utah. It's fun that we can still keep in touch. The kids had a great time together at Classic skating.

We spent the day at Payson lakes. Grandma Tew and Rylie



After staying with Brian's family for a few days we went to visit my parents. My sister came over from Denver as well. We went swimming at a freinds pool and the kids loved the slide and the water felt great on the super hot day.





I love being in Utah over the 4th of July because the community I grew up in has a fun parade for the kids to be in. They decorate wagons, bikes, scooters, etc. and throw candy as they go down the street. After the parade is a carnival with fishing booths, face painting and games. As a kid our family did this every year and it is a fun tradition that my kids will always remember.




3 comments:

Larsen Family said...

That looked so fun! I wish we could have been there I love the parade.

Lynne said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun. I love Payson Lake. We used to go fishing there a lot after work at BLC when it was in the old building. I love the parades too.

Jen said...

It was so FUN to see you at the parade and carnival. It is such a fun tradition for our family as well and it amazing to think that we were just the little ones not too long ago and now we are the parents.