Monday, November 30, 2009

I can't believe I have a teenager!

We pulled it off. A surprise 13th birthday party for Austin. We had a couple of close calls but in the end he was completely surprised.

Austin really likes to race go carts so we decided to have his party at the Family Fun Center. Brian took Austin out shopping for Christmas while I picked up all the boys. I got to the Family Fun center first and Brian made up some story about loosing his wallet and that is why he needed to stop in the parking lot of the FFC. Austin was really confused but he had no idea what was going on. As they walked up to the front doors we jumped out and yelled "Surprise".

I could tell he was really excited but still wanted to act "cool" around his friends. I'm just glad that no one spilled the beans.



After the boys had their fill of go carts and video games we took them to dinner at Burger King.


On Sunday Austin requested an egg muffin sandwich for breakfast and meetballs for dinner with a chocolate cake for dessert.
Happy Birthday Austin!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe that you have a teenager either! It has been fun to see him grow into a VERY handsome young man!

Melissa said...

I also can't believe you have a TEEN-AGER! That's crazy. Good job pulling off the surprise party.

Tara said...

How fun to do a surprise party! It really does sound crazy to be able to say you have a teenager. A whole new phase of life.

Happy Birthday, Austin!

Lynne said...

I just found a picture the other day of Austin and Kendall as toddlers together. I can completely remember us both being pregnant like it was the other day. Man...I sound like an old lady reminiscing! Happy B day Austin!