Monday, November 16, 2009

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

I was lucky enough to get to spend the day with Colin last week during his field trip to go see If You Give a Mouse a Cookie at the Seatle Children's Theatre. It was a great show and the kids loved it.


I had these 6 cute little boys in my group. I have to admit that when I first saw I had all boys I was a little nervous. Boys can get crazy especially when they are excited. However, everything turned out just perfect. We lost no one and everyone got home safely.

Lunch after the play.

The kids all brought lunches from home and it was fun to see how excited they were to eat with their classmates. There was lots of food trading going on. I kept telling the boys to eat slowly because we had lots of time before we had to get back on the bus. This of course did not happen. Soon boys started running around and I was getting a little stressed that one was going to disappear. We were in a food court and lots of people were coming and going.

So...I thought a game of duck duck goose would keep them happy. It's always a favorite with the kids. We just sat down in the middle of the food court to play and we were able to make it until it was time to catch the bus home.

Thanks for a fun day Colin!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love that book...I can only imagine how cute the play was! It's fun that you got to go with Colin.

Goff Six Adventures said...

What a cool field trip!

Tiffini said...

His face in the last picture is pretty funny, like -
Mom, do you really need to get another picture of me?

What a cutie! (I can't wait for the field trips... one more year to go!)