Friday, April 20, 2007

The Colinator

This blog is dedicated to our Colinator (nickname that Austin gave Colin). Many of you may know that food is high priority on Colin's list. This is the kid who minutes after eating any meal is asking for a snack. Of course he doesn't want a healthy snack either. Well, Friday's are known at our house as "sugar day" because that is the one day of the week that the kids can have sugar cereal for breakfast. This, of course, is Colin's favorite day of the week. Every morning first thing, and I mean first thing, like 6:00a.m. he is asking if it's "sugar day". When I reply "no" we then get into the pouting, whining....you get my idea.

What brought this whole experience to my mind was this past Thurs. night when Brian got home from work, Colin in a very excited voice said: "Dad, it's sugar day tomorrow!" He was so excited to let Brian know, it was the cutest thing. It sounded like he had just won the lottery or something. Oh, if it was always so easy to make our kids happy!

2 comments:

Tara said...

A kid after my own heart! Colin's great! I wish every day could be sugar day, too.

Oh, and I will always LOVE the Pop Tart story!!

the Dover Family said...

And here I am still trying to get Toni to quit letting the kids eat cake for breakfast!!!